Create a One-Year Vision
Your vision is a picture of your anticipated way of life. The more clearly you can hold that picture in your mind, the more likely you’ll be able to achieve it.
To develop a one-year vision, answer the following questions:
- What was the most important issue, question, or priority you were dealing with a year ago?
- What is the most important issue, question, or priority you are dealing with now?
- How are you most different today from a year ago?
- How did you define and measure success a year ago?
- How do you define and measure success today?
Now, imagine that it is one year from today. Imagine your ideal day. Where are you? Whom are you with? What are you doing that brings you fulfillment? How are you shaping your space and time so that all of your best qualities emerge?
My one-year vision looks like this… _________________________________________
Adapted with permission of Inventure-The Purpose Company (www.inventuregroup.com), 2013.
You can also download this exercise as a PDF.