Sample Action Steps
- I will start a journal to help me identify where I find passion in my life. Each evening I will identify what happened that day that made me feel alive.
- Since I find it hard to do things on my own, I will find a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction class in my area and sign up for the next offering.
Diet & Nutrition
- I will shop on Sundays each week, so I have healthy food in the house.
- I will make lunch and healthy snacks to bring to work, so I don't have to go out for fast food.
Thoughts & Emotions
- Whenever I'm afraid, I'm going to consciously focus on breathing, and try to inhale and exhale deeply with my abdomen.
Physical Activity & Fitness
- On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will walk or go rollerblading after class with friends. Making my cardiovascular workouts a social time to be with friends will help me stay motivated.
- When someone asks me to do something and I'm not sure I have the time or energy for it, I'm going to tell them that I need some time to think about it and get back to them later. That way I won't feel rushed to say yes or no, I'll be giving myself some time to think about it. And I hope to create time for my family that way.
My Personal Environment
- I am going to do some research online, then visit my local food co-op to see what healthy cleaning products they have and how much they cost.