Sample Challenges and Approaches
Not sure how to identify challenges? The samples below might give you some ideas to help you get started. We also include some ideas for dealing with challenges, including some affirmations.
- I feel like my passions clash with my job.
- I plan to deal with this by really identifying my passions and seeing if I can meet them elsewhere.
- Affirmation: I can find an important way to contribute my community.
- Family holidays stress me out.
- I plan to deal with this by making sure I have time to myself during the visit.
- Affirmation: I can choose not to get involved in negative interactions.
Diet & Nutrition:
- It's harder to eat healthily while traveling or while under stress.
- I plan to deal with this by creating a list of readily available healthy foods and making choices from that while traveling or under stress.
- Affirmation: I can make healthy food choices under all circumstances.
Thoughts and Emotions:
- Emotions are not expressed in my family.
- I plan to deal with this by letting my family know I am working on healthy ways to express emotions.
- Affirmation: I can respect myself and others, and still honestly express anger, fear, or displeasure.
Physical Activity & Fitness:
- I don't like to exercise on my own.
- I plan to deal with this by finding friends to do fun activities with.
- Affirmation: I am taking care of my body.
- My job is demanding, and it limits the time I can spend with friends and family.
- I plan to deal with this by scheduling time that is family and friend time.
- Affirmation: I love my friends and family and want to spend time with them.
My Personal Environment:
- I am not sure which cleaning products are good to use.
- I plan to deal with this by doing some research online.
- Affirmation: I want to use products that are healthy for me and the environment.