Below are examples of goals for each stage of readiness.
- I will keep an open mind and heart about the change I desire, revisiting it and learning more about it on a regular basis.
- Or you can borrow Prochaska's encouraging words: I will acknowledge that I feel hopeless now and that this is a natural reaction. I will also acknowledge that change is possible and think about what I need to do to start the process.
- I will read and consider recommendations about my intended lifestyle change.
- I will identify a trusted friend or family member and share my intentions for improvement with him or her.
- I will walk more.
- I will find and regularly attend an anger management class.
- I will spend each Saturday morning with my family of friends, doing an activity of their choosing.
- I will buy cleaning products that are safer for my family and the environment.
- I will continue my regularly-scheduled volunteer activities.
- I will continue my regularly-observed meditation time. I will also begin carving out some personal relaxation time each week.
- I will continue my regularly-scheduled self-exams and begin writing down any questions I have for my doctor.
- I will continue my daily after-dinner walk, challenging myself to go farther in the same amount of time.