Interview with Paul Schultz
Paul Schultz is a tribal elder and traditional healer in the White Earth band of the Ojibwe tribe in Minnesota. He was an active part of the vocal Indian movement during the 1970s. Today, he continues to raise questions about the individualization of healthcare, and he has worked side-by-side with medical doctors on the White Earth reservation. Schultz is helping to integrate Western medicine with traditional healing practices, such as praying and cleansing with sage over medications.
Schultz was a presentor at the 2008 Ways of Knowing Symposium, during which he discussed the importance of respecting all things in the world and not holding oneself up higher than other people, animals or other things. He also stressed the importance of laughter.
During the symposium, the University of Minnesota's Center for Spirituality & Healing had the opportunity to talk with Schultz. Watch his interview below.
- Interview with Stuart Brown
- Interview with Deepak Chopra
- Interview with Barbara Dossey
- Interview with Eve Edelstein
- Interview with Susan Folkman
- Interview with Susan Frampton
- Living with Positivity: an Interview with Dr. Barbara Fredrickson
- Teaching Mindfulness to Children: An Interview with Susan Kaiser Greenland
- Interview with Mimi Guarneri
- Interview with Wayne Jonas
- Interview with James Lynch
- Interview with Thomas Moore
- Interview with Matthieu Ricard
- Interview with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- Interview with Paul Schultz
- Interview with Shauna Shapiro
- Interview with Esther Sternberg
- Interview with Russell Targ
- Interview with Dr. Walter Willett