Video Interview with Esther Sternberg
Dr. Esther Sternberg, Chief of Neuroendocrine Immunology and Behavior at the National Institute of Mental Health, is internationally recognized for her research of the mind-body interaction in illness and healing. She is a well-known speaker on the topic of stress and illness, and she is the author of two books, Healing Places and The Balance Within: The Science Connecting Health and Emotions.
The research in the field of mind-body studies is growing, and current studies point to the relationship between our surroundings and our health. A healthy and pleasing environment (like plants in your office, or a treasured photograph on the wall) can do more than simply improve your mood--it can actually affect your immune system and physical health.
Watch the interview with Dr. Sternberg to learn more.
Skip ahead in the video to hear Dr. Sternberg talk about:
- 0:23 How the environment impacts wellbeing
- 2:00 How we can interact beneficially with our environment
- 3:23 Ways Dr. Sternberg has transformed her own home and office space
- 4:26 How to create a healing environment for someone in the hospital
- 5:35 Interesting things happening in the field of mind-body research
- 6:17 How to apply that research in daily life
- 8:11 Why it's important to take charge of your health