A few ideas
Here are just a few ideas you can try to tap into the power of music:
- Create a playlist for different moods (that you are feeling or want to feel).
- Listen to music that means something to you with people important to you.
- Sing along to great songs—or tap the beat. Put some beans in a jar and make a shaker if that seems fun.
- Put on some energizing music and let yourself move.
- Try guided imagery—there are many options on the internet to choose from.
- Learn an instrument. You don’t have to play perfectly—just have fun. It can be a great distraction too if things are tough. You can begin right now with the videos and chord charts that we provide!
If you are interested in learning to play
Here are some resources to get you started.
The bottom line
There are lots of options with music therapy, so consider trying it and see if it helps! Learn more about how to find a music therapist in your area, as well as community music resources. And don’t forget to use music on your own in moments throughout the day--whenever it might give you a boost.