Attend classes and conferences
Interest in Tibetan medicine is exploding. Increasingly, courses, conferences, classes, and apprenticeships are being offered about Tibetan medicine. The quality of these offerings varies widely, ranging from informal gatherings to university graduate courses.
The University of Minnesota offers graduate-level courses about Tibetan Medicine as part of the Yoga & Tibetan Medicine focus area at the Center for Spirituality and Healing.
One fully online course is Traditional Tibetan Medicine: Ethics, Spirituality and Healing. Courses are open to current students at the University of Minnesota, students at other academic institutions, and lifelong learners in the community. For assistance with registration, or for more information, contact Christina Owen and Erin Fider: email@example.com.
Read about Tibetan medicine
- Cameron, M.E., & Namdul, T. (2020). Tibetan Medicine and You: A Path to Wellbeing, Better Health, and Joy (Blessing by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama). New York: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Cameron, M.E. (2018). Sowa Rigpa: The Tibetan Knowledge of Healing. In R. Lindquist, M.F. Tracy, & M. Snyder (Eds.). Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Nursing (8th Ed.).(Chapter 5, pp. 63-77). New York: Springer. (Sidebar by Lhamo, T.).
- Cameron, M. E., Torkelson, C., Haddow, S., Namdul, T., Prasek, A., & Gross, C. R. (2012, May/June). Tibetan Medicine and Integrative Health: Validity Testing and Refinement of the Constitutional Self-Assessment Tool and Lifestyle Guidelines Tool. EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing, 8 (3), 158–171. Full text.
- Cameron, M.E. (2002). Karma and Happiness: A Tibetan Odyssey in Ethics, Spirituality, and Healing. (Foreword by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama). New York: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Gyal, Y., & Namdul, T (2006). Tibetan Medical Dietary Book: Vol. - I, Potency, Preparation of Vegetables. Dharamsala, India: Men-Tsee-Khang.
- Men-Tsee-Khang. (2017). Fundamentals of Tibetan medicine. New Delhi, India: Author.
- Yuthok Yonten Gonpo. (2015). Root Tantra and Explanatory Tantra (Gyueshi, the fundamental text of Tibetan medicine). (Trans., T. Paljor, P. Wangdu, & S. Dolma). Dharamsala, India: Men-Tsee-Khang.
Summary of Tibetan medicine
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama gave a concise summary of Tibetan medicine when he taught, “Lovingkindness is my religion.” To use Tibetan medicine as self-care, simply be lovingkindness!
Article Updated: May, 2020